(Redirected from Freeside:1.9:Documentation:Upgrading-HEAD)
- Upgrade HTML::Widgets::SelectLayers to 0.07 (or later)
- Install Authen::Passphrase
- Install Net::Domain::TLD
- Install Business::US::USPS::WebTools
- Install Net::Ping::External
- New packages/modules for RT 3.6.6: libxml-rss-perl libcalendar-simple-perl libgd-graph-perl libgd-text-perl libcss-squish-perl
- As the freeside UNIX user, run
freeside-upgrade username, passing the username of an internal Freeside user.
- If freeside-upgrade hangs, try stopping Apache, all Freeside processes, and anything else connected to your database, especially on older PostgreSQL versions.
- Start Apache, go to Configuration -> Employees -> Employee groups and add "Edit global billing events" to your group.
bin/freeside-migrate-eventsto migrate your (deprecated) invoice events to the new billing events. Keep an eye out for anything which does not migrate. Note: if you have problems with this step, fix the migration, restore the database from backup and start again from freeside-upgrade. Do not continue on with the upgrade! This step is NOT optional!
- If any of your events had reasons, you need to go in to new event config and manually set them.
mv /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm.OLD; make install-rt
- Something's going wrong with this step; need to edit /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm and re-substitute things in manually :/
su freeside -c '/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert --datadir rt/etc/upgrade/3.5.1'
make deployif you've got everything setup for that in the Makefile)
- You may want to check your ACLs under Configuration->Employees->View/Edit employee groups and grant some of the new rights to one or more groups.
- Restart Apache and the Freeside daemons.
- "RT at a glance" ("Ticketing Main") blank? Click "Edit" on the right, then click the "Reset to default" button.
- Perl module errors? Try
Currently known issues
- If using freeside-daily with the -y switch, you may need to adjust the timing of your migrated events. The -y offset now only applies to invoice generation, not event testing. Subtract the number of days of your -y offset from the new events.
SQL updates for specific scenarios
- If you're using an early 1.9 snapshot from CVS, you may need to update the a column type in the conf table for freeside-upgrade to complete sucessfully:
ALTER TABLE conf ALTER COLUMN value TYPE text;
- If you're using an early 1.9 snapshot from CVS and want to do CDR rating:
ALTER TABLE cust_bill_pkg_detail ALTER COLUMN detail TYPE varchar(255); ALTER TABLE h_cust_bill_pkg_detail ALTER COLUMN detail TYPE varchar(255); ALTER TABLE rate_prefix ALTER COLUMN npa TYPE varchar(10); ALTER TABLE h_rate_prefix ALTER COLUMN npa TYPE varchar(10);
- If you have very long CDR filenames:
ALTER TABLE cdr ALTER COLUMN cdrbatch TYPE varchar(255); ALTER TABLE h_cdr ALTER COLUMN cdrbatch TYPE varchar(255);
- If you want to do sub-penny CDR rating (e.g. for termination):
ALTER TABLE cdr ALTER COLUMN rated_price TYPE decimal(10,4); ALTER TABLE h_cdr ALTER COLUMN rated_price TYPE decimal(10,4); ALTER TABLE cdr_termination ALTER COLUMN rated_price TYPE decimal(10,4); ALTER TABLE h_cdr_termination ALTER COLUMN rated_price TYPE decimal(10,4); ALTER TABLE cust_bill_pkg_detail ALTER COLUMN amount TYPE decimal(10,4); ALTER TABLE h_cust_bill_pkg_detail ALTER COLUMN amount TYPE decimal(10,4);