Ikano DSL provisioning and qualifications requires installation of Net::Ikano and then configuration of the exports, services, DSL pull cron job, packages, and config option for qualifications.
Enable qual-alt_address_format and (unless using prospects for something else) prospect_main-alt_address_format.
USPS validation is extremely useful to have working; if so (unless using prospects for something else) prospect_main-address_required
Give the "Qualify Service" ACL to the groups which should be allowed to run DSL qualifications.
Create an ikano export - most fields are obvious on the export add page, except:
- Export Name - note that it's used in several user-visible places, such as on qualifications
- Export Host - not used, may be set to anything
- Check Networks - comma separated list of telco networks to check (refer to Ikano API doc or web interface if you're not sure what these are). Only set this to the telcos you use. Ikano qualifications are slow. Adding extra telco networks to check will result in a performance impact when making each qualification. This field can look similar to "ATT,ATTTAS,VERTAS,VER".
- Debug Mode - generates A LOT of output in the logs - turn it off for production
Create a new svc_dsl and attach your export. No other DSL-pulling/qualifying exports may be attached to this service.
DSL pull cron job
freeside-pull-dsl syncs data from Ikano to the svc_dsl. It runs synchronously/non-concurrently, meaning that it works with one svc_dsl at a time. It must be run via a cron job as often as needed to update all monitored DSL orders, but not such that it starts again before all monitored orders were updated. Thus, the frequency will vary depending on each Freeside installation's number of monitored Ikano orders.
Create one-to-one mappings between each Ikano package you wish to use and each Freeside package as follows:
- In Ikano's web interface, under Subscription Manager, find each package you wish to use and set its "Unique ID" field to a string which is unique across all packages you'll be setting up
- Either edit or add a new Freeside package with at least one Ikano svc_dsl service (see above), and set "Vendor Package Id" beside the Ikano export (see above) to the "Unique ID" from Ikano for the corresponding package