Freeside:3:Documentation:Self-Service access without service
Starting in version 3.2, Freeside can now allow customers to login without a specific svc_acct or svc_phone service linked to their account. The new feature uses the customer contacts. A drop down box will allow you to configure a contacts Self-Service access. The Self-Service portal will need to upgraded in addition to Freeside itself.
- Set selfservice-password_reset_verification to "Click on a link in email"
- Set selfservice_server-base_url
- When adding a contact with an email address, the customer will be sent an email to reset their password and allow access to the Self-Service portal.
- There is also direct access to the forgot password functionality. You will need to link to: selfservice.cgi?action=forgot_password.
- Forgotten password functionality works for both svc_acct and customer contact Self-Service accounts.
- Self-Service now accepts an email address for the login, no more separate domain field.
- Customers using the single domain configuration will still continue to work for customers who only want to enter a single username.