Revision as of 15:30, 24 September 2016 by Ivan
This is the changelog for the 4.0 release.
For a more detailed, raw log of changes, see the git log
- New UI for customer view and edit pages
- Customers may have multiple, prioritized payment methods on file.
- Customer status "Prospect" has been replaced by "No packages", to avoid confusion vs. actual Prospects.
- Contact email addresses may now be shared among customers. Contacts who have access to multiple customers will be prompted for a customer selection upon self-service login.
- Enhanced scheduling UI with appointment drag and drop
- Support for taxation services: Avalara, EZTax (Billsoft), and SureTax
- Ability to set prices in multiple currencies on a package and sell in local currency, with conversion
- Request tracker updated from 4.0 to 4.2 (4.2.12)
- New style more closely matched to non-ticketing pages
- Package add-ons for usage/gigabytes
- Discounts included in gross amounts by default
- Overhaul of the employee authentication system. Proper login screen with cookie-based authentication tokens, strong crypto for password storage, external authentication plugins for integration with existing employee databases, etc.
- Strict secure password checking (and password-insecure override removed)
- Service dependency rules
- Upload and catalog inline images
- Option to route all template send actions through an external web service
Performance / Scalability
- Configuration cache improving UI performance
- Database foreign keys
- Various scalability improvements for very large customer bases (millions and tens of millions)