[freeside-devel] Possible Changes to svc_www.cgi and svc_www.pm

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sat Jun 22 22:53:32 PDT 2002

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 10:35:50PM -0400, Stephen Bechard wrote:
> > Thanks for the patches; applied.
>
> As I was working on the edit svc_www.cgi I found that you had already
> solved the . issue in the website name in the view/svc_www.cgi,
> so to keep things consistent you might want the change my earlier fix
> for svc_www.pm of $zone = "$zone.". $svc_domain->domain;
> to $zone .= '.'. $svc_domain->domain;
> Which should be the same ending result.

Yes, that's what I did.

> > On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 09:20:59PM -0400, Stephen Bechard wrote:
> > > I am now going to work some scripts that will allow the options of
> > > editing/modifing the reczone with the posibility to delete it as well.
> > > Unless you know of someone else that is doing this...
> >
> > If you mean editing the DNS/zone data, there's already
> > (import from/export to) BIND and a web editor for the zone files.
>
> I noticed in that view/svc_domain.cgi there was a (delete) option for each
> of the DNS/zone data records, but not and edit.

Right - you can add and delete records, but not edit existing ones.  Same
end result, slightly more cumbersome interface.  A patch to add edits
would be swell.

> I also noticed that there is
> no error checking on the deletion of these zones compared to configured
> svc_www records that might be attached to it. :(

Well, I'd agree there should be... :)

> > svc_www is intended for website hosting with Apache or whatnot.  I could
> > totally see some amount of automatic zone provisioning for websites,
> > though.
>
> I was referring to changing which recnum and usersvc that was attached to
> the svc_www record.
> For example changing recnum of the www to ww2, or changing the usersvc to a
> different svc_acct.
> I found that there was indeed a edit/svc_www.cgi which did just what I
> wanted as long as the
> other Records are present, there just wasn't a link from the view to the
> edit.

Okay, added.

> The only thing I had to tweak was that the process/svc_www.cgi had to be
> changed as it
> seemed to be checking the wrong table. Is this Correct? Here is the diff:

I think so.  Applied.  BTW, if you could send diffs in unified format
(diff -u) in the future, that would be swell.

> However, this updates the recnum and usersvc in the svc_www table, but
> doesn't
> put anything back in the queue to make the necessary changes on the Remote
> Server.
> Is this not implemented yet?

svc_www hasn't been moved over to the job queue yet; it's still trying to
run ssh processes directly.
http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=330

> The other part of this was to have the ability to delete the svc_www record
> without having to cancel all of the services in a Larger Package. I
> would rather have an unprovisioned service, than have to rebuild all of
> the other services, by cancelling one Package and Adding another.

This isn't svc_www-specific - it would be desirable to have the ability to
"unprovision" any type of service without cancelling the package.

--
_ivan