[freeside-devel] Package Selections for pre14

Stephen Bechard steve at destek.net
Sun Jun 23 15:13:54 PDT 2002

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 03:22:00PM -0400, Stephen Bechard wrote:
> > I have modified the view/cust_main.cgi so that it reads in the
REMOTE_USER
> > and then builds the list of the available packages that this user can
sell
> > based on their agent_type and only single svc_acct packages. I also
added
> > a sort to the packages so they are alphabetically by the pkg name. :)
>
> Agents do not correspond to otaker / REMOTE_USER.  Most users use these
> fields for separate things.

I just presummed that was the correlation, me bad.

> If you want this functionality, it should require a configuration option
> to turn it on, not be the default.

If I can work in the configuration option and change the code to check
before building the package list, is this something that could become
part of the next revision or should I just maintain my own diffs?

I was also thinking of taking this a step further and setting up some
type of security around the packages that the agents could view, so
the sales people wouldn't be able to change or view the root and system
accounts that the server depends on. Would this interest you?

> (Also, use `getotaker', not $cgi->remote_user)

Note taken.

Thanks,
Steve