Problem installing freeside

G-man g-man at news.infinex.com
Tue Aug 11 18:32:19 PDT 1998

Hiyas :).. well I wanted to try out freeside, just to check it out
and I ran in a few problems.. Well I went thorugh the install docs
from htdocs/docs.. I'm also trying to fs-current version 1.1.0..

Install the perl modules and the binary version of mysql go great
but once I su as freeside and run fs-setup I get:

Use of uninitialized value at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/FS/Record.pm line 85.
Use of uninitialized value at ./fs-setup line 40.

Enter the maximum username length: 8

Freeside tracks the RADIUS attributes User-Name, Password and Framed-IP-Address
for each user.  Enter any additional RADIUS attributes you need to track for
each user, separated by whitespace.
:

Can't connect, no database driver specified at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/FS/UID.pm line 69

any ideas..??

They one thing I couldn't do change is line

my($datasrc,$db_user,$db_pass)=('DBI:mysql', 'freeside', 'secret_word');

like the docs say, since it doesn't exist in the UID.pm file... looks like it changed..