Already in use

Mark Williamson mark.williamson at ebbs.com.au
Sat Dec 19 23:55:21 PST 1998

Hello,

I did make Freeside add users to a stand alone machine..    That was
installing SSH to the local machine..  then giving the root acounts
public key to the Freeside user... etc    having an entry in .shost for
the localmachine..  and yes very inportant when creating the SSH key use
no phases.. so that you machine can log straight through without
prompts..     Next be careful..  if you manage to get that to work..
Freeside will wipeout your passwd and your shadows files..  just leaving
the added user in the files.. so there will also be a need for a hack
for the svc_acct.export file in the freeside/bin dir.. so the  it will
not totaly replace the passwd file..   I just modified the code so that
I had a preserved part of the passwd and shadows files..

Just be carefull if you follow these instructions though..  the secuity
of your machine when it is online could be compermised, so only use for
testing and learning..  that's what I done..

Cheers
Mark