freeside

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Fri Sep 18 15:20:20 PDT 1998

You seem to be misunderstanding the schema.

Please join the mailing list for free support.  Subscribe by sending a
blank message to ivan-freeside-subscribe at sisd.com

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Thomas T. Thai wrote:

> Looking at the following schema, I don't understannd "svcnum" for both..

The cust_svc table contains all svcnum values (it is the primary key there
as well).  In addition, a svcnum may have an entry in _one_ of the tables
svc_acct, svc_acct_sm, svc_domain (eventually others).

> in svc_acct_sm it reference "domsvc" key but there is no such key in
> "svc_domain"

It refers to the svcnum key in svc_domain.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.

>  Do you think there could be a typo in one or both of these
> schemas?

There is no typo really, but I've changed `domsvc - Domain' to `domsvc -
Domain (by svcnum)'.

> Perhaps "svc_domain: svcnum" should be "svc_domain: domsvc"  ??

No.

>  And the primary key as listed in both tables actually belong to
> another table.

That's correct; see above.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key