Evaluating Freeside

Andreas.Fuchs at swisscom.com Andreas.Fuchs at swisscom.com
Thu Apr 15 04:52:02 PDT 1999

Hi Ivan, Folks

I am curently evaluationg a new billing system for us and found freeside.
First thank for this great peace of software and your work !

Today we use URIBS (http://www.n2h2.com) which wont be further developed.

I have now a couple of questions:

Cause we live in Switzerland we like to enter german "umlauts", is this a
big deal to change the input test so it accepts those ?

I do not really understand the billing process, we do it today as follows
and my question is can we adapt freeside to our billing sceme ?

We have three services the first is billed one time a year for 12 months,
first bill is from starting date to the end of the year, the 2. service is
billed for a half a year, and the third for 3 months.
Normally we send the first bill together with the cd and the username,
password information and then we bill for all customers at the beginning of
the billing periods.

Our bills are printed on a secial form, which makes it easy for swiss people
to pay. Can i adapt the bill to fit on this form ?

The billing system today prints after entering a new account a nice paper
which we can send to the customer, which contains username, password,
dial-in number, mailserver, nesserver and so on, so he can easily set-up his
dial-up network (also if he is not a Windoze user).
Also a new customer gets e-mails with different information, like that we
have an ftp-server, that he can read e-mail via browser and so on, can i
implement such an service ?

We are not great programmers so it is also interessting for us to know if
you ivan ore somebody else is willing todo such improvements for us and how
much it will cost (hourly fee) ?

Thanks

Andreas