Evaluating Freeside - more questions

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Apr 15 05:51:39 PDT 1999

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 02:24:14PM +0200, Andreas.Fuchs at swisscom.com wrote:
> I saw now how i can enter the billing period, thats great.
>
> But i have some more questions.
>
> Can i produce a List with all unpayed bills ?

You could, though there isn't currently an option for such a thing.

Off the top of my head, `SELECT * FROM cust_bill WHERE owed > 0'

> Can i then produce a reminding
> Bill, the original bill with a text that this bill is open since x days an
> that the account will be disabled if they don't pay.
> (sorry, but you must understand that in switzerland only 10% of the
> customers pay via credit card).

You could, but right now there isn't an option to do this out of the box
(or tarball, as the case may be).  Right now, customers recieve a
duplicate of an outstanding bill in 30 days.

> Arer there plans to support also the configuration of Virtual WEB-Servers
> like the Support for Customer E-Mail domains, i dream of the possibility to
> add a Package which configure and bills a "named" Virtual Webserver in the
> apache config together with the domain information.

Yes, I would like to do this as well.  I belive it is in the TODO.
Complete domain information would be nice as well, so you could export
zone files from the database.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside