fatal: Can't get REMOTE_USER

Jason Farnsworth jason at nsdigital.com
Thu Apr 22 03:13:07 PDT 1999

Okay, I just signed up to the list and it looks like the last post was
basically the same thing but the anwser confused me a little.  I set
everything up per spec but continue to get the error:  fatal: Can't get
REMOTE_USER! at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/FS/UID.pm.  Now as I read the way
to make it work is to password protect it with Auth stuff in the apache
configuration.  Sorry if I sound stupid, but I can't find decent
documentation on AuthType, Authname or AuthUserFile anyplace.  The
apache.org site has but a few short useless lines on it.  Does somebody have
a configuration I can see or something?  Thanks.

Jason