[freeside] I think I have this down....

Tech Account techy at orac.hq.org
Tue Aug 3 06:35:53 PDT 1999

Well, the files ARE in that location, thats what I have been trying
to say.  Further, if you read the documentation (which I assume you
wrote) in Conf.pm, it states that there is a default directory, but
this directory is initially /config/directory
Which doesn't exist in the documentation nor in my machine.
If you READ the Conf.pm file, you'll find quickly that unless you
specifically pass it a directory eg:
$new = new FS::conf "/usr/local/etc/freeside"
It will use $default_dir
If you LOOK at $default_dir, it isn't set to anything.
Hence, it looks for files in / since the code goes to:
$default_dir/$filename

I have had other people look at this, and they confirmed that
$default_dir isn't set to anything initially.  Further, the proof
is in the pudding, it works when I add this in.
The code doesn't seem to jive with the documentation in this respect
either.

Of course, there is another solution, that is to add:
"/usr/local/etc/freeside" to the end of all the FS::Conf calls, but
that seemed like alot more work.

I don't see how you can't see this, I've installed this product a dozen
times trying to get it to work, always with the same few bugs reading
config files. Conf is misdocumented in any case, so SOMETHING should
most certainly change.

-Techy