Performance issues

dk smith dks at spies.com
Sat Oct 2 13:49:25 PDT 1999

We are currently using freeside on a Pentium Pro with 200 MHz running
FreeBSD. We also tried it on a 4 processor SMP SPARC-Linux varietal. We see
a delay of approximately 17-19 seconds for the "New Customer" screen to
come up on both machines.

Do we need to throw more hardware computing power at this beast or do some
methods exist to tune the system to get better performance?

I would appreciate any shared experiences. Please post to list unless you'd
prefer me to summarize back to the list.

Thanks,
dk
--
dks at spies.com   |   Perception is nine tenths of the law.