How about On-line sign-up

Fred McDavid bigfred at vaix.net
Fri Jan 28 09:25:37 PST 2000

Does Freeside support on-line sign-up?

Has anyone written an on-line sign-up patch?

Perhaps my hackers (actually, with the virus that is going around, we
are all doing our share of hacking (coughing) these days) can be set to
the task.

If so, I'd appreciate input as to some of the things that an on-line
sign-up routine should include...

I would presume that we'd do the AOL CD-ROM thing and hand out CD's with
browsers and some sort of sign-up program.

Does it then call one of our existing local dial-up lines and get
shunted over to a sign-up server?   Or does it call in on a Toll-Free
800 number to connect to a special (secure) server to do the sign-up?

Any opinions and suggestions would be apprciated.

Fred McDavid
Virginia Internet Express
Harrisonburg VA