[freeside] How about On-line sign-up

ivan ivan at 420.am
Fri Jan 28 15:21:19 PST 2000

I just checked in a new vesion of the signup server, actual documentation
(htdocs/docs/signup.html) and modifications to track the full phone number
in svc_acct_pop.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 02:04:37PM -0800, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> Sounds good.  I'm almost done with it.  Basically, instead of an .ins
> file, you send a mime stream...

Yep, I changed the IEAK stuff to send directly instead of writing an .ins
file.  It uses MIME type "application/x-Internet-signup".

> and then data formatted like...
>
> (binary num of bytes in field x)(ascii field x)(num of bytes in field
> y)(ascci field y)
>
> Field x is field name like username, pop server, etc, and field y is the
> value for that... khoff, mail.pc-intouch.com, etc.

Hmm.  For the IEAK signup, I'm storing a template outside the program for
people to edit, and making some variables available for use in the
tempalte (using the Text::Template perl module).

I'm not certain how you would go about doing something similar, since it
doesn't look like the Netscape files are text.

> I'm just adding it into your if user_agent = IE....then...
> elif = NETSCAPE...then...

Sounds good.

> print "Content-type: ..."

Use:
   print $cgi->header('mime type');
instead.

> You get the idea.  It shouldn't be too hard to add once I'm done.

Sounds great!  Let me know if there's anything I can do on my end to help
you out.

--
_ivan