[freeside] FreezeThaw

Turtle turtle at netzon.net
Sat Jun 10 23:39:25 PDT 2000

>Anyone's in charge of it who wants to submit a patch.

So I could change the docs if I wanted to help out??  Just curious.

>>  It seemed to work.
>
>Umm, no.

I didn't mean work as in actually function, but I did get a different error
message :-)

>suEXEC comes with the Apache distribution, is not normally installed or
>enabled by default, and requires modification of your Apache configuration

>files.  This is documented in <http://www.apache.org/docs/suexec.html>,
>which is linked to _suEXEC_ in the installation instructions.

Aah.  I see.  Ok thanks.  That brings up another problem too... I can't update
to a new apache installation unless I completely change the layout of my httpd.conf
file, well, at least the modules section.  I am not quite sure how to do that
and cannot bring down my webserver to do that or to recompile it, so I'm kindof
stuck with the current version on my other server.  However, that's completely
unrelated to freeside. :-)

>It doesn't have anything to do with FreezeThaw.  You didn't run fs-setup
>as documented in htdocs/docs/install.html, or, in your case, it looks like

>you overwrite the created dbdef.DBI:mysql:freeside file.

Aaah I see!  Ok I'll take care of that.  However, there is another line in the
documentation who's meaning eludes me:

Create the `/usr/local/etc/freeside/counters.datasrc', and `/usr/local/etc/freeside/export.datasrc'
directories for each datasrc (owned by the freeside user).

What is that supposed to mean?  It's never mentioned again!

Brian McKelvey

>meow

Meow?