[freeside] Virtual mail domains

Rene Dudfield rdudfield at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 30 00:45:03 PDT 2000

>From: "Kenny Elliott" <kenny at neoserve.com>
>To: <ivan-freeside at sisd.com>
>Subject: [freeside] Virtual mail domains
>Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:38:22 -0500
>
>Ivan:
>
>	I'm looking at my vpopmail problem again (supporting users in
>different domains with he same username). Do you foresee any problems
>with creating usernames as me at mydomain.com in freeside? Basically my
>though was to allow us to create an email only service that we could
>put the full email address in as the username and then have the user
>creation routines create the mail user under the proper vpopmail
>domain. I believe this would cause a problem for some Radius' use
>@whatever as the realm name but I could prevent export of usernames
>with an @ in them to Radius by modifying the export script.

You still have the problem that the radius server will only authenticate the
modified name, not the @ name.

What about changing your radius server to authenticate @ names?  Or is this
a problem on the client side?  What advantages do the non opensource radius
servers have anyway?  They seem pretty simple.

Rene.