MySql Support

Joseph T Watson jtwatson at sentrel.com
Wed Oct 25 11:37:40 PDT 2000

Hello

I am trying to figure out how the MySQL support works in freeside, and
in what state it is in.  I have the latest CVS snapshot, and I am trying
to figure it all out by looking at the code and reading what docs there
are.

Here are my question.

    How is the MySQL support set up? Will it be just a add on to
icradius (by this I mean, will it break radius.cgi, will it change the
radius DataBase, or will there just be some config telling it how to
access the database as it is)??  I am hoping that the last one is true,
because I don't see the same reporting capabilities in freeside, as
there are in ICRadius's radius.cgi interface.

    Also what state is the MySQL support in, is there a working model,
if not where can I help?  My perl skills will be tested here, but I
would like to help out with it if I can.

But mostly, if someone could give me a few pointer where to go next it
would be great.

I have all perl modules installed, freeside modules installed, -- now
I need to setup the config files and figure out the database stuff and
how the freeside database will interact with the radius database.

Also I read that it was advised that freeside runs on a separate machine
then radius?? Why?  My hole setup will be behind a firewall and not
accessible form the outside, so is this needed.

Thanks much

Joseph