FreeSide Data:Manip problem fixed, and vpopmail question

Tim Hason tim at aidasystems.com
Wed Apr 18 04:43:10 PDT 2001

Hi,

After following the installation howto for freeside 1.2.3 (and the cpan
install), I would get the following error at the top of the form/page if I
executed some of the cgi's:

Insecure dependency in unlink while running setuid at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Date/Manip.pm line 34.

You would also see the "Content-type: text/html" printed on the page which
is weird (made me think I had something wrong with the mod_perl setup of cgi
execution)

I just basically commented the line out, and the cgi's that were complaining
before, worked fine afterwards.

# Determine if we're doing taint checking
#$NoTaint = eval { local $^W; unlink "$^X$^T"; 1 };

This was simpler than I thought.
I am running Apache 1.3.14 and perl 5.6.0
RedHat 7.0 with all the updates and bugfixes. I did install mysql, apache,
php, perl, all from rpm's :/

Now I would like to know if there is a howto on setting up freeside to work
with vpopmail.
Or could I just edit a file and add the vpopmail vadduser and vdeluser
commands?
Is it possible that agents can enter new users in the form user at domain.com
(that is because vadduser and vdeluser require the user at domain.com format),
Would this be a problem with freeside?