[freeside] adduser over SSH

rdailey at colusanet.com rdailey at colusanet.com
Fri Jun 8 15:38:11 PDT 2001

I have.  And it works just fine. Entering the command as the freeside user,
it goes through just fine.  But whenever the script tries to do it, I get
and entry in the messages log on my shellmachine:

sshd[1718]: Did not receive identification string from X.X.X.X

Where X.X.X.X is the IP of my freeside machine.

>On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 02:16:04PM -0700, rdailey at colusanet.com wrote:
> > Herm.  In svc_acct.pm, the following command is run in order to add
> someone
> > remotely:
> >
> > ssh("root\@$shellmachine", eval qq("$useradd") );
> >
> > Which equates to the freeside user trying to run something like:
> >
> > ssh root@[shellmachine] useradd [options]
> >
> > but the freeside user cannot do that; at least not unattended.
>
>See the "Unattended remote login" section of htdocs/docs/export.html
>
>--
>meow
>_ivan

Rick Dailey