1.4.0pre11: FS/bin/* copied from source dir, but not bin/*?

baloo at gimpgirl.com baloo at gimpgirl.com
Mon Apr 22 19:47:28 PDT 2002

It looks like the installation procedure (specifically, "make
install-perl-modules") doesn't copy the files in bin/* to
$Config{installsitebin}, unlike what it does for FS/bin/*. I'm not sure
whether this is intended or not. I eventually figured out that being in
the toplevel dir was let "bin/fs-setup username" have the intended effect,
but as the prior steps require editing a file in another directory and
running commands against a file in yet another, a warning to go back to
the top dir of the source would be a good idea IMHO.

If I'm right, I can add the necessary verbiage to install.html and email a
diff -c to the maintainers. (Sorry, I don't have the time or the
inclination to learn or use CVS to check in the patch myself, assuming
that the maintainers would let me.)

Best regards.