[freeside] 1.4.0pre11: FS/bin/* copied from source dir, but not bin/*?

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Apr 22 19:54:46 PDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 07:47:28PM -0700, baloo at gimpgirl.com wrote:
> It looks like the installation procedure (specifically, "make
> install-perl-modules") doesn't copy the files in bin/* to
> $Config{installsitebin}, unlike what it does for FS/bin/*. I'm not sure
> whether this is intended or not.

It's intentional.

The stuff in FS/bin/* is finished enough to have manpages and/or stuff
that you might run later as part of using a normal installation.

The stuff in bin/* is not finished enough to have manpages and/or stuff
that you probably only one once.

> I eventually figured out that being in
> the toplevel dir was let "bin/fs-setup username" have the intended effect,
> but as the prior steps require editing a file in another directory and
> running commands against a file in yet another, a warning to go back to
> the top dir of the source would be a good idea IMHO.
>
> If I'm right, I can add the necessary verbiage to install.html and email a
> diff -c to the maintainers.

diff -u, please

> (Sorry, I don't have the time or the inclination to learn or use CVS to
> check in the patch myself, assuming that the maintainers would let me.)

That's okay, we typically accept patches for a while first before making
CVS accounts.

--
_ivan