[freeside] Session Monitor

Donald Greer dgreer at austintx.com
Wed Feb 6 21:16:11 PST 2002

   Jesse,
   If you aren't overly committed to the radius server you are using,
move to IC Radius.  It's integration with FS is well documented, and it
has an interface to do exactly that query.  It also has some interesting
features like a hard-limit on the amount of time a user can be online
(per day, per month, etc.)
   Pretty damned cool.  I hope to move there myself ... after some
serious planning ... I'm pretty committed to the Cistron feature set at
the moment.
   Don

Jesse Estevez wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> I'm working now on setting up a demo at bucci.cvalley.net that will show
> off the advanced features I can get from from Freeside.  In particular, I
> like billing controls and the ability to push configuration out to our
> front-end servers.
>
> I do have a very long list of requirements from my manager.  Once of these
> is that we be able to do arbitrary PPP usage queries like "show me how
> many hours John has used so far this month" and that these queries be
> available to the administrators and to the client.
>
> I haven't yet integrated a radius machine (as per session.html).
> Before I do, I'm trying to figure out whether the sorts of queries I'm
> supposed to make possible can be done by freeside or whether I'll have
> to roll my own.
>
> Here are some of my requirements...
>
> * total times per user per billing period
> * list all dial-ins for this billing period
> * list dial-ins for any user for any time period
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~Jesse

Donald L. Greer, Jr                  dgreer at AustinTX.COM
System Administrator                 Voice: 512-300-0176
AustinTX                        http://www.AustinTX.COM/
   All opinions are my own.  Flame me directly.

"I don't necessarily believe software should be free...
but if you pay for it, it should work!" -- Me