[freeside] Install Problems..

Jon joeshmo at infoblvd.net
Sat Jan 26 19:54:08 PST 2002

Simple problem in the documentation.  The docs assume that you will put
everything in a directory called "freeside-asp", when in reality, I put it
in a dir called "freeside".  After some searching, I found no other mention
of the directory "freeside-asp", which is why it didnt exist.  I was
following the documentation too closely, and didn't read between the lines
(and wasnt aware that the full name of this software is apparently
"freeside-asp").

So now I'm up to the next error.  The complaining that something (or
nothing) does not exist:

[Sat Jan 26 22:26:40 2002] [error] [asp] [60743] [error] FATAL:  doesn't
exist!
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/Conf.pm line 62. <--> ,
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/ASP.pm line 1545

the big question is WHAT doesnt exist?  This is traced to a routine in
Conf.pm it seems that tries to get $dir from @_ using $self->{dir};