[freeside] svc_acct with domain

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Wed Nov 27 21:45:26 PST 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:24:09PM -0500, Stephen Bechard wrote:
> I am currently running:
>
> Freeside version 1.4.1beta5
> Apache apache+mod_ssl-1.3.26+2.8.10
> p5-Apache-ASP-2.37
>
> I just tried to setup an export for shellcommands_withdomain
> and it doesn't seem to add the domain to the username when the
> account gets created on the remote server.
>
> Do I have to make reference to the domain in the export settings?

Just using a shellcommands_withdomain export doesn't make "adding the
domain to the username when the account gets created on the remote
server" happen.  All the _withdomain part means is that you can have
svc_acct record with duplicate usernames as long as the domains are
different. that user this export.  By contrast, the shellcommands export
requires usernames to be unique, regardless of domain.

Writing commands that use the domain is up to you.  If you've
got a working set of defaults for some OS or software package, it
would be good to add buttons for them like the ones in the
shellcommands export.

> I have configured the export identical to my shellcommands export,
> which is pretty much the default FreeBSD you had for an example.
> The only thing I added was a `-g $gid' so the user was put into
> the correct group.

I've added `-g $gid' to the FreeBSD default.

> I have configured the username_policy to 'prepend domsvc'

I don't think this has any effect on any 1.4-style exports.  It might be
resonable to add something like it to some of the new exports as an
option.

--
_ivan