Error: Illegal username (error code illegal_username) (2-32):

John E Murphy kermit1 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 5 17:17:05 PST 2003

I am trying to get the signup server to work and I keep getting the error
above.  I am using freeside 1.4.0 on Redhat 8.0 with mysql 4.0.12 for the
back end database and Apache 2.0 as the webserver.  The username test should
be acceptable but it, along with any other name is rejected but the account
can be added from the freeside web console.  This error occurs with all the
combinations of legal name options from the configuration page as well as
all username verify options from the signup configuration sections.

Starting fs_signup_server: done.
[root at main jemurphy]# [fs_signup_server] Connecting to signup.edcwa.net...
Use of tainted arguments in exec is deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/IPC/Open3.pm line 230.
[fs_signup_server] Sending init data...
[fs_signup_server] Entering main loop...
[fs_signup_server] Reading (waiting for) signup data...
[fs_signupd] Reading init data...
[fs_signupd] Creating /usr/local/freeside/fs_signupd_socket
[fs_signupd] Entering main loop...
[fs_signupd] sending signup info...
[fs_signupd] sending signup info...
[fs_signupd] reading customer signup...
[fs_signupd] sending customer data to remote server...
[fs_signupd] reading error from remote server...
  invoicing_list => POST
  payname => Accounts Payable
  state => AL
  popnum => 1
  city => test
  ss =>
  pkgpart => 2
  fax =>
  referral_custnum =>
  payinfo =>
  company =>
  country => US
  first => test
  sec_phrase =>
  daytime =>
  night =>
  last => test
  _password => testtest
  paydate => 12-2037
  username => test
  address2 =>
  zip => 11111
  county =>
  address1 => 1 1st
  payby => BILL
[fs_signup_server] Processing signup...
[fs_signup_server] Sending results...
[fs_signup_server] Reading (waiting for) signup data...
[fs_signupd] sending error to local client...

John Murphy
EDC Solutions