[freeside] domain_record and 1.4.1 upgrade

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Thu Aug 21 16:10:36 PDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 03:30:03PM -0400, Eric Smoker wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I just upgraded from 1.4.1beta5 to 1.4.1 and noticed something missing
> in the upgrade document (docs/upgrade9.html if it applies to a beta to
> stable upgrade).

upgrade9.html documents a 1.4.0->1.4.1 upgrade.

Send patches as unified diffs (diff -u).

> The size of the reczone and recdata fields in the domain_record and
> h_domain_record tables has changed from 80 to 255.

Like the ACH schema changes, these changes are optional.  If you don't
need the larger data fields, you don't have to apply the changes.

In general the idea is to keep the same schema across _stable_ major
releases - you should be able to run 1.4.x code on a schema created with
the 1.4.0 release.

--
_ivan