Freeside & DHCP

George Breahna freeside at top-consulting.net
Sun Dec 21 13:12:28 PST 2003

Hi there,

I would like to know if there exists a document that explains how to set up
FreeRadius in order to hand out IPS from a DHCP server. I do not wish to have
my customers enter in the informations for the DHCP server themselves but
rather make it a seamless process with FreeRadius handling this aspect. In
other words :

a) client authenticates with FreeRadius
b) FreeRadius fetches available IP from a DHCP server
c) FreeRadius assigns that IP to the freshly authenticated user
d) FreeRadius releases the IP when the session is over

I did a search on Google and through the mailing list and it seems that this is
possible but found almost no details on the procedure. If anyone knows more and
is willing to share the information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
George