[freeside] Clicking links comes up with Source Code

Scott Miller srmiller at interbel.net
Wed Dec 24 09:06:59 PST 2003

Thanks,

   I've added the command as such:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache/htdocs/freeside-asp
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/freeside
#ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/freeside/cgi-bin
Options +Includes +ExecCGI                            <-------------
CustomLog /var/www/html/logs/access_log combined
ErrorLog /var/www/html/logs/error_log
TransferLog /var/www/html/logs/access_log

Restarted apache - it came up fine this time.

I still, however, am not able to execute cgi-scripts from outside the cgi-bin area.

More info on this, I snooped around looking to make sure everything was in it's appropriate place, and found:

/usr/local/apache does not exist, however /usr/local/apache2 does, but there is no htdocs/freeside-asp folder.  I created the freeside-asp folder, and copied the aspdocs folder to it:  cp aspdocs /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/freeside-asp

cp aspdocs /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/freeside-asp
cp: omitting directory `aspdocs'

- so now the folder is /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/freeside-asp/aspdocs/*     (- are all the aspdocs files supposed to be in the freeside-asp folder, and not create the aspdocs folder? )

I then edited my httpd.conf to read the following:

<VirtualHost 63.166.12.251>
DocumentRoot /var/www
ServerName freeside.domain.com
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/freeside-asp
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/freeside
#ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/freeside/cgi-bin
Options +Includes +ExecCGI
CustomLog /var/www/html/logs/access_log combined
ErrorLog /var/www/html/logs/error_log
TransferLog /var/www/html/logs/access_log

<Directory /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/freeside-asp>
<Files ~ (\.cgi)>
AddHandler perl-script .cgi
PerlHandler Apache::ASP
</Files>
Options +Includes +ExecCGI
<Perl>
$MLDBM::RemoveTaint = 1;
</Perl>
PerlSetVar Global /usr/local/etc/freeside/asp-global/
PerlSetVar Debug 2
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/freeside-asp>
AuthName Freeside
AuthType Basic
Options +Includes +ExecCGI
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/freeside/htpasswd
require valid-user
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

service httpd restart comes back as OK

But still - can not execute the cgi-scripts, each link clicked comes back with the source code.  Even restarted my windows computer to see if that would make a difference - didn't.

Thanks for the help,
Scott