[freeside] Credit Card Processing after failed run

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Wed Jun 18 03:38:18 PDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 02:16:15PM -0600, AcuLink Tech Support wrote:
> I am using Freeside 1.4.0 and been enjoying but have a question on
> how the default invoice events are handled with real-time credit
> cards. If a customer's credit card fails to run the first time with
> the invoice, the credit card is not ran again for that invoice unless
> I define otherwise in the invoice events, right?

That's the general idea.  The software has two states for completed
invoice events: "done" and "failed".

"failed" is only for fatal exceptions caught when running the invoice
events, such as a missing Business::OnlinePayment:: gateway module or a
failure to connect to your gateway.  "failed" invoice events will retry.

"done" is for normal events that ran to completion.  In the context of
realtime card processing, approved or declined responses are both
"done".  "done" invoice events will not retry.

> I have an account who was 3 credit card invoices behind, so I
> canceled the package and posted a small credit to the account (the
> invoices were still owing).  At the next days daily freeside run,
> freeside retried the failed invoices even though the invoice were over
> 30 days due and I don't have anything in invoice events beyond day 0.
>
> Why did freeside retry the credit card invoices?

You'd need to provide more information before anyone on the list could
even begin to assist you with your problem.  For starters, the
table of completed invoice events from the Invoice View screen for
the invoices in question would be informative.

--
_ivan