[freeside] Sending and [re]sending statements

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Mon Jun 30 14:02:40 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:34:49PM -0400, Randall Lucas wrote:

> (let me know if this is best moved to -devel)

Probably.   Follow up there if you have further questions.

> >>2. Again, does there exist anywhere a canonical method for producing a
> >>statement, that is, a list of all bill, pay, credit, and refunds,
> >>within a given period, with a balance-forward and end of period
> >>balance, for a given time frame?
> >>
> >>Would there be any interest in putting such a thing together if it
> >>does
> >>not exist?
> >
> >It seems that you are the interested party.
> >http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=545
> >

> Architectually, how would you feel about using a view in Postgres?

I'd weigh the benefit of introducing a dependancy on a new database
feature versus the benefit over implementing with the database features
we use now.  I believe DBIx::DBSchema would need to be udpated to handle
views as well.

In this case, there's already a "balance_date" method for cust_main
objects, so your first query would be providing a (hypothetical)
perforamnce optimization rather than any new functionality.

The statement functionality also seems trivial to construct without the
use of a view, perhaps generalizing the code used in
httemplate/view/cust_main.cgi into methods useful in other contexts.

--
_ivan