Install Hints (i.e. finding MailTools)

Kenneth Kron kron at aikido.com
Mon Mar 3 10:29:26 PST 2003

I had trouble getting several of the perl modules from CPAN mostly
because of the use of the - vs. the :: in module names.
Of the list only Locale-Codes really does need a hyphen there.

Also libnet is Bundle::libnet.  These are not complaints just info for
anyone else who stumbles across these problems.

Also CPAN simply refused to find anything called MailTools (probably
just temporary DB corruption)
I finally got that by just going to the mail modules list and searching
down the page.

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Mail/

Here's my list of modules suitable for cutting and pasting into a cpan
command line
Array::PrintCols MIME::Base64 Digest::MD5 MD5 URI HTML::Tagset
HTML::Parser Net::Whois Business::CreditCard Data::ShowTable
File::CounterFile FreezeThaw String::Approx Text::Template DBI
DBIx::DataSource DBIx::DBSchema Net::SSH String::ShellQuote Net::SCP
Apache::ASP HTML::Mason Tie::IxHash Time::Duration
HTML::Widgets::SelectLayers Storable Cache::Cache Bundle::libnet

These I had to go get manually
MailTools
TimeDate
DateManip
Locale-codes

And you have to choose
DBD::pg
or
DBD::mysql.

I haven't actually gotten freeside running yet so I'm not positive I'm
doing this right but I atleast appear to have the prereqs.

kk