[freeside] Billing customers ahead of time.

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Mar 4 19:04:47 PST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:55:29PM -0500, freeside  wrote:
> We are also interested in advance billing for our prepaid term plan
> customers.  These customers prepay for one, two, and three year
> prepaid plans in exchange for a discount in the monthly-equivalent
> rate.  We get the cash up front.  How do you get Freeside to bill in
> advance for this, rather than at the end of the period?

As per the multiple responses to Dennis <dennis at infoleak.com>, Freeside
_does_ bill in advance.

> Plus, like Tim Jung, we would like to see a hook somehow to shut off
> users in our Radiator RADIUS when they hit a certain number of hours
> in a month.  We sell a 15-hour limited plan that costs an extra $1
> per hour above 15 hours, and if a customer specifically requests that
> we not let them go over the 15 hours, I want to offer that option.

The way to influence the development direction of the software is:

- Send a well-written patch implementing the desired feature.

or

- Pay your favourite perl hacker to do so.

or at the very least

- send a detailed description of your desired feature to
freeside-bugs at pouncequick.420.am (after checking to make sure it isn't
already in the bug-tracking system at http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/).

Notice that "waste the time of hundreds of people on the mailing list in
the hopes that they'll cater to my specific needs" isn't listed above.

Thanks.

--
_ivan