[freeside] Freeside on apache 2 anyone?

Vlad Sedov vlad at onrampok.com
Fri Mar 7 11:02:16 PST 2003

Ok.. first of all, make sure apache runs as user freeside.

I went the Apache::ASP route, since it is better supported.

Here's a snip from my /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf :

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"  ###### This part doesn't matter really..
ServerName myhostname.mydomain.com:443
ServerAdmin admin at mydomain.com
Alias /freeside /usr/local/freeside/html

<Directory /usr/local/freeside/html>
AllowOverride All
<Files ~ (\.cgi)>
AddHandler perl-script .cgi
PerlHandler Apache::ASP
</Files>

PerlSetVar Global /usr/local/etc/freeside/asp-global/
PerlSetVar Debug 2
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/freeside/html>
PerlSetVar Global /usr/local/etc/freeside/asp-global
AuthName Freeside
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/freeside/htpasswd
require valid-user
</Directory>

etc etc....

this assumes that your freeside installation is in /usr/local/freeside
and the config files are in /usr/local/etc/freeside, and... you read the
docs and installed the rest of it accordingly....

regards,
Vlad