Install Help

John Lang johnl at oregonisonline.net
Sat Mar 22 08:53:05 PST 2003

The required stuff....
Apache::ASP
Freeside 1.4.0
All Perl modules installed fine from CPAN.
Redhat 7.3, PostgreSQL 7.3.2

Error:  When continuing through the setup instructions, at make
create-database, I get the following.

perl -e 'use DBIx::DataSource qw( create_database ); create_database(
"DBI:Pg:host=localhost;dbname=freeside", "freeside", "test" ) or die
$DBIx::DataSource::errstr;'
DBI connect('host=localhost;dbname=template1','freeside',...) failed:
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 74
could not connect to server: Connection refused at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 74.
make: *** [create-database] Error 255

Any suggestions?  I am really looking forward to seeing if this is
something that will work for us in our transition from a Windows ISP to
Linux.

Thanks,

John P. Lang
Oregon Internet Solutions