[freeside] Adding realm to end of username in radius export

Joseph Tanner josetann at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 11:42:26 PDT 2003

Thanks for the pointers.  I've basically cloned
sqlradius.pm into sqlradiusrealm.pm and did not set
the nodomain flag in part_export.pm.  However it's
working the exact same way that sqlradius.pm did.
Reading the manpages it looks as though not setting
the nodomain flag would have the domain added to the
username automatically, so username would now equal
username at domain.  Apparently I'm wrong here, or it
doesn't see the domain I'm trying to use.  The domain
does not show up in the svc_acct table but domsvc is
set to "1" which corresponds to the right domain in
svc_domain (and the service shows up as
username at domain.com in freeside so I'm led to believe
it's setup correctly).

Alternatively I've tried using the domsvc variable in
the query, as if it worked correctly I could hack
sqlradius.pm to substitute the actual domain in place
of the number.  No luck there, I'm guessing that
variable isn't passed to it in the first place.

Basically what I'm trying to do is create two domains
in freeside, and have two dialup services offered (one
for each domain).  Reason I have to have two domains
is because I will offer two dialup services, one with
a smaller POP base but cheaper, and one with a larger
POP base and of course, more expensive.  If I did not
have the realm set in freeradius's database, a user
who should be on the cheaper plan may authenticate
both on it and again on the more expensive plan,
making me pay for two accounts (I'm reselling dialup
services, and use pass-thru radius).  Testing the
freeradius server shows me that all I have to have set
in the database is the Username, Attribute, and Value
fields in radcheck.  Once I get that going I can go
live.

Again thanks for your help, I'll get this going one
way or the other :)