[freeside] Re: Pg Error when trying to unsuspend a customer's package

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Fri May 30 02:48:13 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 10:45:46PM +0000, scott at ruralnetwork.net wrote:
> Of further note:
>
> The first time I run 'make aspdocs' it stops with the error:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `httemplate/*/*/*/*', needed by `aspdocs'.
> Stop.
>
> Then, the second time I run 'make aspdocs' it completes successfully.

Fixed.

> When I follow the instructions on the Freeside Administration document to:
>
> "First, it is necessary to create a domain definition. Click on View/Edit
> service definitions and Add a new service definition with Table  svc_domain
> (and no modifiers)."
>
> This doesn't add a corresponding record to the Pg table svc_domain.

That's later in the instructions:

- Add your own domain

> Therefore, I cannot add a new service definition that requires a domsvc
> value.  (That is, the drop down list box for selecting a domain is empty).

That's not listed in the instructions until after you add a domain.

> A workaround is to manually create a record for the domain definition in
> the database table svc_domain.

I don't think a workaround is required.  Documentation patches
appriciated if you don't find it clear, but as far as I can tell you
should have simply followed all steps in the instructions in order.

> And I'm not sure what goes in the 'catchall' field for that table.

Some exports use this field to specify the catchall email destination
for a domain.  This might change in 1.5.

> If I want to export to the latest freeradius server (version 0.8.1), which
> I do, I have to modify the code in FS/part_export/sqlradius.pm to set the
> op fields to correct values because this version of freeradius REALLY
> doesn't like null op field values.

Applied.  If anyone is still using a schema without "op" fields, speak
up soon and I'll make it an export option.

> Under Mandrake, I'll often get these errors for ssh exports like:
>
> FS::part_export::shellcommands::ssh_cmd  	user root host 10.0.0.1
> command useradd -c '' -d / -s /bin/false... stdin_string  	Thu May 8
> 11:54:52 2003  failed: [Net:SSH::ssh_cmd] STDERR Warning: No xauth
> 	data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding. ( retry | remove )
>
> The work-around I use is to modify the Mandrake defaults for X11 forwarding
> for the ssh daemons from yes to no.
>
> Before work-around:
>
> /etc/ssh/ssh_config:
> ForwardX11 yes
>
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
> X11Forwarding yes
>
> After work-around:
>
> /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> ForwardX11 no
>
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
> X11Forwarding no

Documentation updated (~root/ssh/config is a better place to edit).

--
_ivan