[freeside] First Installation

Daniel Henry daniel at enetonline.net
Sat Nov 15 21:14:29 PST 2003

The freeside New Install section is as striaght forward as it gets ... ..
if you read EVERYTHING ...step by step ...  and have all of the requirments
...  it will work.  I have 2 boxes running redhat 9 ... freeside works fine
on both ... the  perl DIST thats comes with RH 9 will work fine ...

Only thing I had trouble with are that  some of the perl modules wont
install with the CPAN shell ...  its a can be worked aaround by setting the
LANG environment variable ...  example ...

env LANG=en_US perl  -MCPAN -e shell

the default  is LANG=en_US.UTF-8  which cause some issues with some of the
make tests.

you MUST use apache 1.3  and  if using mysql ....  you gotta have 4.1 ....
the DIST with RH 9 is 3.23.54 .. which WILL NOT support subqueries

Daniel Henry

eNet