[freeside] keep getting blank svc_domain.svcnum

Randall Lucas rlucas at tercent.net
Thu Nov 20 12:28:58 PST 2003

So, I'm not 100% familiar with how you would use a svc_domain type to set
up domains for your customers, but let's take the example of:

dannyswebhost.cxm

You would need to create a service type of type domain and fix the domain
name as "dannyswebhost.cxm."  Create a package type offering that service
type.  Add a customer that's an internal customer of type comp, and
"purchase" him an instance of that package type with the domain.

A lot of confusion amongst folks on this comes from the difference between
the class (service type) and the instance (service).  You need to have an
instance of a domain service in existence, which must be owned by your
internal customer, to which your svc_acct types can then point.  And
although it's 50/50 whether having an internal customer own that service is
particularly elegant or particularly kludgey, there it is.

Randall

PS perhaps when you figure this out you could write it up and put it in the
wiki.