[freeside] keep getting blank svc_domain.svcnum

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Thu Nov 20 17:50:57 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:08:23PM -0800, DPH wrote:
> I get what your saying about class and instance. I'm back on step 3
> in the Aministration Documentation. It says "   Add a new service
> definition with Table svc_domain (and no modifiers) ". Then it says to
> create a package with the blank domain service, " Add a new package
> definition which includes quantity 1 of the svc_domain service you
> created above ". I deviated here a little,

Follow the directions in httemplate/docs/admin.html in order, EXACTLY as
documented.  After you understand what's happening and why, THEN deviate
for your own specific setup.

It isn't necessary and is misleading to use a modifier for the
svc_domain service definition itself.

> If I
> just make a package, with 1 service, the domain service I created with
> the domain name, it  is not offered in the package drop down of the new
> customer screen.

Finish orderting the customer, then use the "Order package" link.

> Then a customer that wanted to purchase a web hosting package would
> need a unique domain service type and a unique hosting package
> providing an instance of that type before they could be entered into
> the database as an account ?

Incorrect.

> I'm not concerned so much with kludgey or elegant, I just want to
> understand how to use the software. Based on this explanation, I would
> need to write a layer of software to set up the service type for the
> domain, create a unique package using the unique domain service,

Incorrect.

--
_ivan