DBI connect error when running bin/fs-setup

Tim Walker tim at edurus.com
Fri Sep 5 09:50:30 PDT 2003

I have made it through the installation up to the part where I need to
run bin/fs-setup from the freeside source directory, however when I run
bin/fs-setup I encountered the following error:

###<BEGIN QUOTE>###

Do you wish to enable the tracking of a second, separate
shipping/service
address?
: [y/N]:y
DBI connect('dbname=freeside','freeside',...) failed: missing "=" after
"<snip>" in connection info string at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/FS/UID.pm line 88
DBI->connect error: missing "=" after "<snip>" in connection info string

###</END QUOTE>###

I have both a backslash, and a space in the password, and the <snip> is
the part of the password after the space for the database, so I'm
wondering if that is the problem (and the best way to fix it).

Gory details:

Installing Freeside version 1.4.1
OS = FreeBSD version 4.7
Perl version = perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 0)
Using Apache::ASP version 2.53
DBI version 1.3.4
DBD::Pg version 1.22

Any help will be greatly appreciated!