[freeside] Business::OnlinePayment config for AuthNet

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Dec 9 13:15:18 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 02:45:56PM -0600, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:
> Does anyone have an example for the config page setup to get AuthNet
> working. I'm probably overcomplicating and it really just should be:
>
> AuthorizeNet
> our_username
> our_password

Yes.

> Where does the "transaction key" go since we don't use referrer URLs?

Freeside doesn't use transaction keys.

> I'm also interested in the 4th line for actions. Our php page let's us set
> the config file to send only test transactions until we are sure it's right
> and change the config to "live" -- the only other way I know to do that is
> to turn on test mode at AuthNet and that makes our "in use" php signups
> "dead" until I'm done setting up/testing freeside.
>
> I looked through the php pages (not coded by me) and don't see if it is
> just sending "TEST" as an additional parameter to the transaction. If yes,
> what do I need to put on the 4th line to keep Freeside "dead" until I'm
> done setting it up?

The fourth line is optionally used to specify "Authorization Only" or
"Normal Authorization", not to enable test mode.  There isn't a Freeside
configuration option to enable test mode.  Most
Business::OnlinePayment;: modules include a test suite in the t/ or t2/
directory.

> We also want to use ACH which we are NOT currently using via our php pages.
> If we use ACH the one Business::OnlinePayment config handles that too,
> correct? We only set up the ACH-ALTERNATE if we were to do ACH through a
> different gateway than AuthNet?

Yes and yes.

--
_ivan