[freeside] Export to Freeradius MySQL database

Shivkumar shivkumar at outbackwifi.com
Mon Apr 4 03:23:22 PDT 2005

Hi,
I have the following setup:
a)freeside server:
debian sarge/testing kernel 2.4.27-1
freeside v1.5.0 pre6
HTML::Mason
apache-ssl-1.3.33+mod_perl-1.29
postgresql-7.4.7-2
b) freeRADIUS server:
debian sarge/testing kernel 2.4.27-1
freeradius-1.0.2
mysql-4.1_4.1.10a

freeside is compiled and ready to go:
I am able to login into the freeside server and create exports,service
definitions, customers, packages etc.
when i enable the exports to the RADIUS server which has a MySQL
backend, i get the following error upon account provisioning or even
when i run freeside-sqlradius-reset username:
"
install_driver(Mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/Mysql.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at eval 78) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::Mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'Mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM. ExampleP, File, Pg, Proxy, Sponge, mysql.
  at /usr/local/bin/freeside-sqlradius-reset line 33
"

before you all gently remind me that i have to install the DBD::mysql
driver, let me bring to your notice that its already installed.
Strangely the system is looking for the DBD::Mysql driver whcih doesnt
seem to exist.
and yes, my freeradIUS install is ok. I am able to authenticate users
using m0n0wall and freeRADIUS with the mysql backend.

any ideas?

Regards,

Shivkumar
IT Global Solutions