[freeside] Running HTTP along with HTTPD-Perl

Albert Whale aewhale at ABS-CompTech.com
Mon Mar 21 05:31:20 PST 2005

Randall Lucas wrote:

>> Does anyone have Both Servers Running?  What does your httpd.conf
>> file look like?  Did you need to change the httpd-perl.conf  as well?
>

> In general, when running two apaches, give them different server
> roots.  They can generally share libraries and modules nicely.  Make
> sure the scoreboard, pid, and log files don't clobber each other.
> Make sure they are on different ports (and/or different interfaces; by
> default apache listens on all interfaces, including loopback).  Other
> than that, no problems.
>
> Not to be rude, but I take it you've good solid reasons for running
> other web services on a box where billing info is stored?  I ask
> because it seems kind of odd to need to run httpd in addition to
> httpd-perl, unless you're expecting enough volume to require the
> smaller memory footprint.
>
> Randall

Thanks Randall,

I am asking, because I did not want to interfere with the httpd-perl
daemon, and can further lock down the httpd daemon to ports and IP
Addresses.  While it may seem overkill, I wanted a way to install the DB
Tools I use on other servers, I seem to have run into a bit of DB
Corruption which I cannot explain.  These tools will permit me to verify
and validate the tables.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant