[freeside-users] apache export issue

Jeremy Davis jeremy at manageisp.com
Wed Apr 5 11:00:39 PDT 2006

Debian Sarge Stable
Apache 1.33
Freeside 1.5.7

I've got one of the weirdest problems.  If I correctly configure DNS in
the Edit Configuration portion of freeside, DNS works fine, but I am
unable to provision the domain via apache export.  The domain just
doesnt show up in the drop down box.  Now if I totally delete all of the
options out of the BIND configuration, and unprovision/re-provision, the
domain shows up, but it pukes with this error:

Error: soa record not found; can't increment serial

Obviously its trying to increment the DNS serial setting for the updated
apache provision.  Has anyone experienced this?  If not could anyone
reply that has apache exports working?  For the time being I kludged
together a perl script which just pulls the domains out of freeside and
created the appropriate .conf file and rsyncs them to the apache conf.d
directory, but I would really like to get this integrated properly.
What do you guys think?

Jeremy