[freeside-users] Bill according to FreeRadius records

sbgoh sbgoh82 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 19:39:49 PDT 2006

Dear all,

I am a newbie to open source community. Freeside is my first hands on to
open source as I find Freeside is really different from other open source
billing - completed with a lot of real life functionalities.

The following is the details of the Freeside Server that I have set up:

*	Debian 2.6.8-2-386
*	HTML::Mason as recommended
*	Perl 5.8.4
*	Postgres 7.4.7-6sarge1
*	DBD::Pg 1.41-3
*	Apache-perl 1.3.33-6sarge1

The server is up and running, perhaps. I have set up a svc_domain as
described under "Administration". Then, I also defined svc_acct with the
export to the FreeRadius Server. The export of information to the Freeradius
Server is successful, perhaps (successfully populated the radcheck,
radreply, and usergroup tables of FreeRadius).

With the user created, I could logon to the Cisco switch through the
FreeRadius, and I also could view the user logon session by clicking the
"RADIUS sessions" link under "Reports".

However, I am facing difficulties when comes to Billing. I am trying to do a
billing scheme where the billing will be based on per minute basis according
to the records in FreeRadius. I have tried to use the "Rate Plan" (using
VOIP rating by plan of ....) and "Base charge plus charge per-minute from
the session monitor" yet in vain. When I click on "Bill now" link of the
customer, it will only show the base charge - without the usage from
FreeRadius. I have also tried to execute "freeradius-daily" and
"freeradius-sqlradius-radacct". Yet the session table of Freeside still
empty with no record.

How Freeside determines the usage? Directly from FreeRadius' "radacct" table
or from its "Session" table? After the "freeside-sqlradius-radacct" is
executed, the status of the manually added "FreesideStatus" column in the
"radacct" table is "skipped".

I need your advice on this. I think it is fair enough for me to subscribe to
your support contract in order to get your great advice, and I am glad to do
so. Due to budget constraints, I am wondering the first option - $150/month
is sufficient (No modification/customization is done on the codes as I am
not smart enough to do so?).

*	If I subscribe to this $150/month option, the contract is valid for
one month?
*	Within the valid period, if I send email asking about the problem I
face, how fast is the respond?
*	Can I pay by credit card?

Good days.

Thanks and Regards,