[freeside-users] Freeside v1.5.8 on Debian Sarge - Billing a Customer For Specific Packages Only

Jared Miller jared.miller at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 09:46:04 PST 2006

Hello,

We have recently implemented Freeside version 1.5.8 and we are very happy with the package.

One question that has come up is that we do not see a way to bill a customer for a specific package in advance of its next bill date, for multiple terms (eg. billing an annually billed package for 2 or more years), without affecting other packages provisioned under that customer.

An example would be a customer that has subscribed to a domain registration service.  It is a frequent occurrence that a customer will request that the domain renewal be completed before the expiration date of the domain for a two-year period (the “Next Bill Date” of the service typically corresponds to the expiration date of the domain).  If we try to bill for the next two years for that specific package then all packages provisioned under the customer will be billed for the same timeframe.

Is it possible to bill one package specifically for a stated timeframe without affecting other packages provisioned for a customer?

We have reviewed the Freeside documentation but there does not seem to be anything that addresses this particular issue.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Jared Miller