[freeside-users] Switching between packages (upgrade your current package)

Sameh Fakoua s.fakoua at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 23:23:38 PST 2006

Dear Freeside users,

Here's my version info:

Freeside 1.5.8 CVS
Readhat E4
Apache 2.0.55
mod_perl 2
Mason
PostgreSQL 7.4.7

There are 2 packages in my Freeside system:
PackageA: (Radius Export)
PackageB: (Radius Export + Cyrus Email Export [I wrote my own shell
command])

Q1:
The user subscribes in the PackageA from the signup server (signup.cgi), if
his subscription is expired, so he will enter to the selfservice to recharge
his account, but what if he wants to upgrade to the PackageB? He can't
switch from the PackageA to the PackageB right?  The SelfServices doesn't
support Package Switching, so how can I solve such problem?

Q2:
To solve this problem, I entered to the Freeside Admin page, from the
"Customer View" I clicked on "Change Package" and I selected the PackageB.
So, the Freeside system triggers the "Modify event" on the PackageA only,
instead of "Delete Event" on the PackageA then the "Insert Event" on the
PackageB! There is no Indication that the user subscribes in the packageB to
triggers my shell export on the Cyrus Email Export, so how can I solve such
situation?

Thanks for your time
Sameh Fakoua