[freeside-users] Dynamically defining a pkgpart price in perl

Lee Sharpe lsharpe at fusionbroadband.com
Mon Feb 27 13:45:52 PST 2006

Hello, all!  Before I get to my question, here's my setup information;

Freeside v1.5.7 using HTML::Mason front end
Perl v5.8.5
PostgeSQL v7.4.7

Now, my question:

My overall goal is to make the setup and recurring fees for a package
definition be different, depending on which agent purchased the package.

To accomplish this, my plan was to insert perl code into the optionvalue
column of the part_pkg_option table.  For example (using some test code
that would obviously always return 29.95):

 optionnum | pkgpart |  optionname   |            optionvalue

----------+---------+---------------+-----------------------------------
       596 |    2282 | recur_fee     | if (1) { 29.95; } else { 19.95; }

Is this allowed, and, if so, is this the correct way of doing this?  I
had a customer purchase this package, but once freeside-daily ran, it
did not charge the customer the 29.95 (there was no entry in cust_bill
for it at all).

Any help you all could provide me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
(I'm also on the IRC channel #freeside on OFTC).

--
Lee Sharpe
lsharpe at fusionbroadband.com
Fusion Broadband Research and Development